An improvised social dance with a rich musical heritage!
Our Absolute Beginners Class is perfect for those with no experience, or those looking
to start from scratch again...
Improvers 6-week Course!
Progressive lessons for Improvers
In this 12 week (2 x 6-week) course, you will learn how to combine the elements and figures
learned from Beginner (Fundamentals Level 1/2) Course. Additional Improver figures will
be introduced as well musicality and improvisation.
The following will be covered:
- Foot play (Advanced Barridas, Arrastre, Parada, Sandwich, Pasada)
- Displacement (Sacada, Desplazamiento)
- Turns (Media Vuelta, Media Luna, Molinete, Giro)
- Pivot (Planeo, Calesita, Carpa)
- Adornment - Follower’s Embellishments (Boleo, Amague, Castigada, Caricias, Golpecitos)
- Adornment - Leader’s Embellishments(Agujas, Lapiz, Rulo, Firulete, Golpecitos)
Improvers Skills Development
- Good Posture and Balance
- Dancing in open and close embrace
- Weight changes/distribution
- Walking (Fluid and graceful movement)
- Dance Floor Etiquettes and Floor Craft techniques (collision avoidance and line of dance)
A Guide to What to Wear, Bring and Know
Here are a few things you may need to consider:
Footwear and Clothing
Most dancers tend to dress down for class, wearing something casual,easy to move in, only
a smaller number dress up for class.
There is no need to purchase special clothes or shoes for your first lessons
We recommend that you
do not wear clothing that restricts your movement or shoes that have firm grips on the soles,
such as trainers.The ideal shoes and clothing:
Court shoes with a small strong heel - No stilettos, sandals, platforms or trainers. We recommend
comfortable clothing (layers, leggings), Skirts should not inhibit your stride or be too long and billowy.
Smooth material or Leather-soled shoes with/without a slight heel - no trainers.
Improvers Course Progression
After 12 weeks (2 x 6-week Improvers Level 1/2)
To Intermediate Level II>>
If you need further information, you can contact us by telephone, text
or email and I would be happy to provide the relevant information.
|Sunday Schedule/Time||Course Title/Level|
|06:00 - 7:00pm||Taster Session (first Sunday of the month)|
|07:00 - 8:00pm||Absolute Beginner Level|
|08:15 - 9:15pm||Improver/Intermediate Level|
|09:15 -10:00pm||Guided Practica|
|10:30 - Late||Dancing till late (Last couple on the dance floor)
Pricing & General Policies
- Each class series costs £60 per person. Payment in advance is required and is non-refundable.
- No partner is needed for most classes. Classes that require a partner will explicitly say so in the description.
- All classes have limited enrolment and you need to pre-register and pay online (new students) using this links.
- Existing students can pre-register and pay for the next Class series any during class evenings.
- Class series are progressive and six weeks long. Drop-ins are generally not allowed.
- Registration is allowed up to the second week of the new series
- Each class is an hour long with 45 minutes guided practicas.
- If you have taken at least one complete series of the Fundamental Elements Level I-II,
you may re-take this
(at no extra charge) in addition to the class in appropriate level.
Booking & Payment
Advance booking and payment is required in advance before the start of the course.
There are a number of ways to book and pay for your course, through secure online booking system
(new students) with credit/Debit card and during class evening (existing students only). Simply pick
the course and method that's right for you. We will confirm your place only when payment has been
St. Stephens Church Hall Bournemouth
Bournemouth Town Centre venue, just five minutes walk from the Square,on the main M1 and m2 Bus Routes.
Medium size studio and a large main hall with a sprung, maple dance floor.
St. Stephens Church Hall Bournemouth
St. Stephen's Way
Bournemouth. BH2 6JZ.
Direction and Googlemap: Please click here for a map to the venue.
Dele is the resident dance instructor at Bournemouthtango and BPATS, a Dorset based
tango dance school offering classes in traditional Argentine Tango social dance.
He is very passionate about promoting authentic Argentine Tango and helping people
discover the beauty and joy of true Tango improvisation.
Dele has a distinct style both in his dance and his teaching.
He adopt a lively teaching style, full of energy and humour, emphasizing concepts,
focusing on improvisation, musicality and respect for the character of the different
Golden Age orchestras.
Everything he teaches is applicable to the social dance floor.